Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming matchups and ranking each IDP position. Here are the ranks for Week 1 of the fantasy football season.
Week 1 Notes:
- It’s Week 1 in the NFL and one thing to remember is, don’t get too cute, just start your studs. These opening ranks are a mixture of draft ranks and some match-up potential.
- Opening week is leaning toward a light IDP scoring week overall, with just five positive home stat crews based on tackles per opportunity (TPO). This means the home stat crew leans heavily toward scoring a solo tackle, in lieu of awarding multiple assists to a single tackle opportunity.
- Positive solo tackle stat crew match-ups can be found in Buffalo, San Francisco, Houston, Chicago and Los Angeles R. You should play your IDPs from these teams if you are deciding between two similar players.
- Positive solo tackle stat crew match-ups can be found in New England, Washington, Houston, Dallas, Cincinnati, and Cleveland. You should play your IDPs in this group if your league awards .75 points per assist or higher.
- Offensive Line match-ups to exploit include: Baltimore @ Cincinnati, Jacksonville @ Houston, Carolina @ San Francisco and Los Angeles Chargers @ Denver. Look to start your edge and d-linemen from teams in bold. The LAC match-up is especially juicy as Denver is revamped and starting a rookie at LT.
Below are the full IDP rankings for Week 1 thanks to this widget from FantasyPros:
Latest posts by Marc Salazar (see all)
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 11 - November 16, 2017
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 10 - November 10, 2017
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 9 - November 1, 2017