Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming match-ups and ranking each IDP position. Here are the ranks for Week 12 of the fantasy football season.
Week 12 Notes:
- Great news for fantasy footballers everywhere, bye weeks are done for the year! And while all teams will be playing this week, and the rest of the season, the home stat crew matchups are just average. The top 6 positive stat crew teams are all on the road. Here are the rest of the solid matchups for the week: Miami at New England, Green Bay at Pittsburgh, Jacksonville at Arizona, Seattle at San Francisco and Denver at Oakland.
- Offensive Line match-ups to exploit include Tennessee at Indianapolis, Seattle at San Francisco, Pittsburgh vs Green Bay and Carolina at New York Jets.
- These offensive lines continue to dominate at the line of scrimmage. You can expect very little production from your edge players when they face these teams: New Orleans Saints, Minnesota Vikings, Pittsburgh Steelers, Los Angeles Chargers and Los Angeles Rams.
- Christian Jones stepped into the lineup in Chicago and played 85% of the snaps. With Danny Trevathan out this Thursday, Jones looks like a solid LB start.
- Kansas City has been struggling on both sides of the ball recently, but especially at LB. Derrick Johnson doesn’t look like he has it anymore, playing less than half the snaps last week. The matchup this week is excellent, but Reggie Ragland could be the LB to own moving forward.
- Jamie Collins has been shut down for the rest of the year. James Burgess stepped into an every-down role and put up monster numbers. While I don’t expect 16 total tackles each week, he was playing a run-heavy Jags team, he should be a good late year waiver add that will help down the stretch.
- The Cowboys LB situation isn’t looking good. With Sean Lee still on the shelf, Anthony Hitchens is now facing a groin injury. All things point to him playing, but I would keep him out of your line-ups this week. And because of the uncertainty, I would also keep Jaylon Smith out of the line-ups this week.
- I was wrong about Budda Baker. He stepped into a full-time role and was in full beast mode. He looked like an IDP stud and if he’s still available on your wire, he’s the top priority.
- Von Bell was also highly productive in a full-time role with Kenny Vaccaro out due to injury. Keep an eye on this situation, if Vaccaro is out again this week, Bell is a solid start.
- Cam Chancellor appears to be headed for the IR. Last week Bradley McDougald played every snap and was productive. Seattle is always a positive home stat crew matchup, so McDouglandis a nice pickup and matchup play.
- Keep an eye on the New Orleans Saints defensive end situation. Alex Okafor is done for the season, and the team will be looking for someone to step up across from Cameron Jordan. I expect Trey Hendrickson to get a larger role but Hau’oli Kikaha could be the guy. My bet is on Hendrickson, but it’s a situation to keep an eye on and get ahead of.
Below are the full IDP rankings for Week 12 thanks to this widget from FantasyPros:
Latest posts by Marc Salazar (see all)
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 16 - December 23, 2017
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 15 - December 14, 2017
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 14 - December 7, 2017