Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming match-ups and ranking each IDP position. Here are the ranks for Week 6 of the fantasy football season.
Week 6 Notes:
- Again this week we are going to be looking at very avg to poor home stat crews. Of the top ten teams so far in tackles per opportunity (TPO), only the Arizona Cardinals are playing at home. While you shouldn’t be making line-up decisions on this alone, you can be sure this will be a light IDP scoring week and we will need to look at exploitable matchups.
- Positive assist stat crew match-ups can be found in Carolina, Washington, and Oakland. You should play your IDPs in this group if your league awards .75 points per assist or higher.
- Offensive Line match-ups to exploit include: Tampa Bay at Arizona, New Orleans vs Detroit, Minnesota vs Green Bay and Pittsburgh vs Kansas City.
- We now have enough data to present the least favorable Offensive Line matchups, these are OL who are not giving up sacks and may shut down your edge defenders: New Orleans, Los Angeles R, Jacksonville.
- Brennan Scarlett replaced Whitney Mercilus in the line-up after Mercilus went down with a season-ending injury. He was Houston’s only three down LB and I know nothing about the replacement. This is a match-up we will want to keep an eye on because we have seen productive LBs in Houston when backups were forced into the line-up.
- The LB situation in New York G is ugly right now. BJ Goodson started the season productively but in recent weeks he’s lost plenty of snaps. We want LBs on bad teams but this situation needs a couple more weeks to pan out.
- Dallas is off this week but Anthony Hitchens came back last week and immediately led LBs in defensive snaps. Jaylon Smith only played 33 snaps, his lowest of the season. Again shop Smith, I expect Hitchens to be the backer taking the snaps coming out of the bye week.
- We are always looking for bad pass defenses to exploit and I have two for you this week: Tampa Bay and New England. These secondaries are giving up more completions than any teams in the league, which lead to secondary tackles.
- Finally, we want to get safeties into the line-up when they play a productive run game. This week get your DBs in the line-up from Detroit, Jacksonville and Los Angeles R.
Below are the full IDP rankings for Week 6 thanks to this widget from FantasyPros:
Latest posts by Marc Salazar (see all)
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 11 - November 16, 2017
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 10 - November 10, 2017
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 9 - November 1, 2017