Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming match-ups and ranking each IDP position. Here are the ranks for Week 9 of the fantasy football season.
Week 9 Notes:
- Any fantasy player knows those bye weeks are the toughest part of the season. But when bye weeks meet awful stat crew match-ups, like this week, it’s almost unbearable. This week just three teams play at home with favorable home stat crews. In this slow week, get your IDP players in from these home games: New York Giants, Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers
- Offensive Line match-ups to exploit include Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts, Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers, Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions and Buffalo Bills at New York Jets.
- Here are some of this week’s unfavorable pass-rushing matchups. I’d continue to break ties and bench edge defenders when they face the following teams. Each has given up less than 33 QB hits and less than 10 QB sacks on the year: New Orleans Saints, Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers and Los Angeles Rams.
- Last week in Carolina, Thomas Davis was back in a full-time role, after losing significant snaps to Shaq Thompson over the past few weeks. It’s been reported that Davis has been battling injury. It’s a situation to watch this week for Thompson owners.
- Blake Martinez continues to light it up, he’s an easy start and should finish the year as an LB1.
- In big-play and sack leagues, Chandler Jones is a weekly start but in balanced leagues, he’s still not producing like an every week starter, with just 27 total tackles on the year. This week he’s playing the 49ers and I expect him to have a solid game, as the 49ers are second in the league in QB hits and sacks allowed.
- The Dallas Cowboys defense has been even worse than expected, but the defensive line has emerged as a strength of the team. DeMarcus Lawrence is still producing like a fantasy starter but David Irving has been an absolute monster since his return from PED suspension. Both should be starting moving forward.
- The Los Angeles Chargers are on bye this week but Jatavis Brown can be safely dropped. Look for Hayes Pullard on waiver this week and next, he’s been productive at the Leo LB position, one that should produce big numbers weekly.
- Mychal Kendricks played 80% of the snaps and played well, as he usually does when on the field. He looks like he’s the starter moving forward and could be a second-half gem.
- Tavon Wilson looks like he’s the starter moving forward in Detroit. Coming out of a bye, he played 100% of the snaps, where teams generally use bye weeks to install longer-term plans and starters. He might still be available on waivers in most leagues.
Below are the full IDP rankings for Week 9 thanks to this widget from FantasyPros:
Latest posts by Marc Salazar (see all)
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 16 - December 23, 2017
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 15 - December 14, 2017
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 14 - December 7, 2017