Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming matchups and ranking each position, as well as flex positions.
Note: rankings will be updated throughout the week, so continue checking back here as the week goes on.
Week 6 Notes:
- The only thing that ever scared you about the Washington Redskins’ passing defense was Josh Norman, and now that he’s out, this is a fantastic team to pass against. Which means that I think Brian Hoyer could be in for a nice game and makes for a nice QB streamer if you need one.
- Similarly, I think Josh McCown could be a decent streamer if you’re in need of one, as the New England Patriots’ defense has been making virtually anyone look good. I think the potential for a nice game from Elijah McGuire in that matchup is there as well, especially if both Matt Forte and Bilal Powell are out.
- I’ve got Leonard Fournette as the top running back this week, over Kareem Hunt and Le’Veon Bell, which honestly isn’t all that much of a stretch, but I really think the Los Angeles Rams’ defense is pretty bad, and I think Fournette should easily run all over them. I also think the Rams will have difficulty scoring against the Jaguars’ awesome defense, which means they should be up and they should be running the ball more.
- My ranking of Aaron Jones is assuming that Ty Montgomery doesn’t play, and I don’t think he will. That being said, if somehow Montgomery comes back, Jones will be more of a flex play, as I think he’ll still be an important player in that offense. He was too good last week not to merit that.
- My love for Alex Collins is well-documented, and I think now that Terrance West is hurt, Collins could see more work. He did a good job of not fumbling last week, and I think the Ravens’ coaching staff will gradually have more confidence in them as he shows he can hang onto the football. He’s easily the most explosive running back they’ve got on the team, and I think they’d prefer to have Javorius Allen in as the receiving back with Collins in as the between-the-tackles guy. Against the Chicago Bears who just gave up 95 yards and a touchdown to Jerick McKinnon last week, I think Collins makes for an interesting flex play.
- I think this week could be a good one for DeSean Jackson. Patrick Peterson will more than likely be shadowing Mike Evans the whole game, and while I don’t think that Peterson will entirely shut down Evans, he will certainly limit him. That means that Jameis Winston will probably be looking more towards Jackson than Evans if Evans is being smothered by Peterson. It worked last week when Peterson was on Alshon Jeffery, as Nelson Agholor had a nice game, and I think something similar could happen this week.
- I want to believe that Terrelle Pryor will come back to what I hoped he’d be in the preseason. I think a matchup against the San Francisco 49ers is too good for him to be less than a WR2 this week. But if he doesn’t get it done against the 49ers this week, then I think I’m just about done with the hope that he’ll be even close to draft-day value.
- It feels weird to have Amari Cooper as a flex play, but that’s what he’s earned so far this year. The guy has been dropping passes left and right and I honestly have no idea what’s going on with him. He’s too talented to drop, and I think you have to hold on and hope for the best, but it hasn’t been good lately.
- My ranking of Sterling Shepard assumes that he plays this week, which it’s possible he may not. If he does, he’s going to be the de facto top receiver for the Giants, and against the Denver Broncos, that means he’s little more than a flex play, but after that, he’ll be an interesting high-end flex and potentially a WR2 given his talent.
- I don’t believe in Ed Dickson, I’m sorry, I just don’t. He had an awesome game last week, but it was the best game he’s had in years. I think Cam Newton is back to being relevant, but I just don’t think Dickson is going to be all that valuable. Maybe he will again this week, I don’t know, but I’ve got to see it before I believe it.
Latest posts by Ben Palmer (see all)
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each Position For Week 16 - December 21, 2017
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each Position For Week 15 - December 14, 2017
- Overall 250 ROS Rankings: Week 13 - December 9, 2017