QB List is looking to add some great people to our team as we prepare for the 2021 fantasy football season. We are currently hiring staff writers, with a focus on our What We Saw and Sit/Start articles.
We are seeking good writers, good fantasy football players, and good people. We pride ourselves on our interactions on Reddit and on our Discord with supporters, so a positive and respectful attitude is a requirement. Sunday availability to watch and report on games is important as well.
How to Apply
All of our staff is paid, and these are part-time and remote positions. If interested, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A cover letter (can be the body of the email) detailing your experience writing about football, what your ideal role at QB List would be, and why you believe you would be a great fit for the team.
- A copy of your resume.
- Any relevant samples of your work – If you don’t have a sample, please create a relevant one.
Things We Do As A Staff
With a staff full of people enthusiastic about football, we have a rare opportunity to do a lot of fun things as a community. Here are some of the things to expect as a member of the QB List staff:
- Staff mock drafts during the winter and pre-season
- Relegation fantasy leagues where the top and bottom move up/down each year
- Hangouts and Voice Chats inside our Discord
- Bold Predictions / Season awards / Staff Consensus rankings in the pre-season
- Freedom to contribute outside of your specific team. Examples:
- Writing a Going Deep piece as a Sit/Start writer
- Writing a Bold Predictions piece as a What We Saw writer
- Work together to exchange ideas, give feedback, and improve QB List as whole
- Help each other improve inside the industry
Every position is part-time and paid unless otherwise noted.
We are open to considering all experience levels for our staff writer positions. Below are some of the qualities that we are looking for in our new teammates.
- Experience playing fantasy football
- Writing skills (football or non-football related)
- A passion to help the fantasy football community
- Interest in analytics or game film
- Willingness to engage on Discord, Reddit, and Twitter with our supporters
I look forward to talking with you!
Photo by John McCreary/Icon Sportswire | Adapted by Justin Paradis (@JustParaDesigns on Twitter)