QB List is looking to add great people to our team as we prepare for the 2023 fantasy football season. First and foremost, we are hiring staff writers to contribute to our What We Saw (game recap) articles. We’re also looking for a few knowledgeable, budding talents to support our weekly Sit/Start articles. Additionally, we’re always searching for writers willing to contribute in various ways, so all are welcome to apply!
We are seeking strong writers with a passion for fantasy football. We pride ourselves on our interactions with readers on Reddit and our subscribers in our Discord, so a positive and respectful attitude is a requirement. Availability on Sundays to watch, analyze, and report on games is likewise important.
How to Apply
These are paid, part-time, and remote positions. If interested, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A cover letter (which can be the body of an email) detailing your experience writing about football, what your ideal role at QB List would be, and why you believe you would be a great fit for the team.
- A copy of your resume.
- Any relevant samples of your work – If you don’t have a sample, please create one that showcases your knowledge and strengths.
Things We Do As A Staff
With a staff full of people enthusiastic about football, we have a rare opportunity to do a lot of fun things as a community. Here are some of the things to expect as a member of the QB List staff:
- Staff mock drafts
- Relegation fantasy leagues where the top and bottom move up/down each year
- A terrific Discord, including Hangouts and Voice Chats
- Bold Predictions / Season awards / Staff Consensus rankings in the pre-season
- Freedom to contribute outside of your specific team. Examples:
- Writing a Going Deep (data analysis) piece as a Sit/Start writer
- Writing a Bold Predictions piece as a What We Saw writer
- Work together to exchange ideas, give feedback, and improve QB List as whole
- Help each other improve inside the industry
Every position is part-time and paid unless otherwise noted.
We are open to considering all experience levels for our paid staff writer positions. Below are some of the qualities that we are looking for in our new teammates.
- Experience playing fantasy football
- Writing skills (football or non-football related)
- A passion to help the fantasy football community
- Interest in analytics or game film
- Willingness to engage on Discord, Reddit, and Twitter with our supporters
I look forward to talking with you soon!
Featured image by Ethan Kaplan (@DJFreddie10 on Twitter and @EthanMKaplanImages on Instagram)