Hear more of the conversation on the Waiver Wire podcast on the QBList Fantasy Football Podcast.
Top Players to Add in Week 12
There are no teams on bye in Week 12, so the waiver wire might be slightly calmer this week. There are a lot of options at wide receiver with risk and reward. Simply, I don’t see a lot of potential league winners on the wire this week, but there are plenty of startable options if you’re dealing with injuries.
1. Samaje Perine (9% Yahoo, 12% Sleeper) – Perine excelled through the air in Week 11, securing three touchdown receptions. But the bigger story is Joe Mixon, who left with a concussion in the third quarter of the Bengals’ win against Pittsburgh, opening space for Samaje Perine to be the featured back. If Mixon misses time, Perine should be an every-down back in Cincinnati. He’ll be the top waiver add this week.
2. Treylon Burks (20% Yahoo, 41% Sleeper) – The long-awaited breakout came for Treylon Burks in Week 12 (7 rec, 111 yds), and he should continue to be a major factor in the Tennessee offense for the remainder of the season. As Ryan Tannehill goes, Burks will go.
3. Latavius Murray (25% Yahoo, 26% Sleeper) – Chase Edmonds is hurt, and Melvin Gordon is looking for a new team. The stage is set for Murray to be the featured back for Russell Wilson. The offense is a mess, but Murray should benefit from a lack of competition for touches. Carolina is giving up the 6th-most fantasy points to the running back position.
4. Donovan Peoples-Jones (45% Yahoo, 57% Sleeper) – DPJ has quietly put together some solid fantasy performances and went over 60 receiving yards for the fifth week in a row. Jacoby Brissett has performed well up to this point in the season, but DPJ’s ceiling will increase once He-who-shall-not-be-named is activated from suspension.
5. Parris Campbell (45% Yahoo, 54% Sleeper) – With Matt Ryan’s reinstatement in Indy, Parris Campbell should provide WR3 value most weeks, and the matchup against Pittsburgh is about as good as it gets.
Other Adds: Zay Jones, Randall Cobb, Julio Jones, Demarcus Robinson, Kyren Williams
Drops: Clyde Edwards-Helaire (72%), Jaylen Warren (25%), Chase Claypool (61%)
Foster Moreau (40%) should have plenty of opportunities while Darren Waller is on injured reserve, but you’re just hoping for a touchdown. Juwan Johnson (31%) has scored in three straight games and continues to see targets from Andy Dalton. For a deeper league option, I’m looking at a positive matchup for Will Dissly (6%) against Las Vegas at home.
Like I do almost every week, I’m picking Marcus Mariota (43%) remains on the streaming radar in Week 12. Derek Carr (64%) has a plus matchup against Seattle and should provide a safe floor with some shootout upside.
The top pick for streaming defense in Week 12 is an easy one for me. The Kansas City Chiefs are taking on the imploding Rams and are only 47% rostered. The fantasy world still hasn’t quite caught on to the New York Jets defense being a solid option every week. In Week 12, they get to face a Chicago Bears team that might be without Justin Fields.
(Photo by Zach Bolinger/Icon Sportswire)