Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming match-ups and ranking each IDP position. Here are the ranks for Week 14 of the fantasy football season.
Week 14 Notes:
- It’s playoff time for the majority of fantasy owners, the most important time of the year. Let’s start with an important reminder, stick with your studs. They got you here for a reason. While there are some matchups you can evaluate to clarify decisions, don’t overthink. Your best players are usually that for a reason. Enjoy the week and most of all, good luck!
- Let’s take a look at the positive scoring matchups based on tackles per opportunity (TPO). This week we have home games at the following stadiums, all which rank in the top 10 for TPO on the year: Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants, Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Chargers, Detroit Lions at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills and Philidelphia Eagles at Los Angeles Rams.
- We have a handful of excellent matchups for edge defenders this week and a potential for some big games. San Francisco at Houston, Dallas at New York and Los Angeles Chargers vs Washington. The Texans are giving up 20+ points to DE this season, tops in the league. The Giants have struggled all year against edge defenders which could lead to big games for DeMarcus Lawrence and David Irving.
- On the downside, we do have some negative matchups on the edge. Chandler Jones, Everson Griffen, Terrell Suggs and Cameron Jordan all have average to bad matchups this week. While I don’t recommend sitting any of them, you can look at matchups in your DE2 position to mitigate this risk.
- Joe Schobert continues to be on a tear, with his third straight week of 10+ total tackles. He’s also had 2.5 sacks in this time. I’d stick with the hot hand here and get him in your lineup if you managed to scop him off waivers.
- On the injury side, we lost a heavy hitter in Ryan Shazier this week. Shaq Lawson was also placed on IR, negating an excellent matchup in the Bills game against Indianapolis this week. Vontaze Burfict is also likely out this week.
- On the positive injury front, Sean Lee is expected back this week. Get him back in your lineups. Keep an eye on Alec Ogletree who is battling an elbow injury but he is expected to play.
- I like Benardrick McKinney this week. He’s had an up and down season but the matchup is excellent this week. San Francisco gave up 10+ tackles to two LBs last week and rank in the top 5 in fantasy points allowed to LB.
- With Ryan Shazier on the shelf, there could be a good opportunity for Vince Williams this week. Baltimore leads the league in fantasy points allowed to LB, with a run-heavy attack. However, the Ravens are in the bottom third scoring against edge defenders making T.J. Watt a risky play this week.
- I wouldn’t chase Christian Jones’s big game last week. Danny Trevathan was back in a full-time role and as we mentioned the SF matchup contributed to his big game. If you must start a Chicago LB this week go with Trevathan.
- Muhammad Wilkerson finally appears to have woken up from his season-long nap. He’s produced 2.5 sacks in the recent weeks and the matchup against Denver is one of the best of the week. If you feel you need to get a high upside play into your lineup this week look at Wilkerson or Leonard Williams.
- K.J. Wright has an excellent matchup this week as well. The Jags have given up some big games to LBs on the year.
- Finally, please feel free to ask any line-up questions about your big games this weekend. You can reach me @dingwog on Twitter.
Below are the full IDP rankings for Week 14 thanks to this widget from FantasyPros: