Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 15
(Photo by Rich Graessle/Icon Sportswire)
Week 15 Notes
- Chargers DE Joey Bosa is back doing Joey Bosa things. With sacks in three straight weeks, Bosa has been a double-digit scorer three straight weeks. If anyone was hesitant to start Bosa because of his injury, don’t be. He is a player that should be in your lineup from now till the end of the season.
- Tampa Bay DE Carl Nassib had another solid week. With 6.5 sacks since Week 7, Nassib looks like a different player than who the Browns cut in the pre-season. Nassib looks to be on a roll and he gets a really solid matchup this week against Baltimore. QB Lamar Jackson has taken nine sacks in just four starts, including a couple of three-sack games.
- Jacksonville LB Myles Jack is currently on a tear right now and just at the right time for owners. Jack has been up and down this year but he is someone who should be in your lineup as he’s closing out the season strong.
- Dallas LBs Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch as must play in the fantasy playoffs. After a few quiet weeks, Smith has looked like the best player in the Dallas lineup, just a few weeks after Vander Esch looked the same.
- A big blow in Buffalo where LB Matt Milano left the game with a broken fibula. I don’t see any clear replacement for Milano but LB Tremaine Edmunds gets a big bump.
- Houston DL Jadeveon Clowney has been in a slump recently, and if we are being honest, for most of the season. Clowney has only had two games all season with double-digit fantasy points. He isn’t someone we can trust in our fantasy playoffs, even if he decides to have one more big game.
- One player we want to keep in our lineups is Giants LB Alec Ogletree. Ogletree had another huge game last week, eight tackles and an interception. He’s been on a tear and it could be he has finally found his groove in the Giants backfield. Players performing like this are what wins fantasy championships for owners.
- Another player that we need to ride at this moment is Oakland LB Tahir Whitehead. Ten more tackles and adding an interception last week, Whitehead has had double-digit scoring weeks in 6 of his last 7 games. There is no reason to think he will slow down.
- Packers LB Blake Martinez has been a model of consistency for fantasy owners and I have to admit I thought he might have been a one-year wonder after his big 2017. With really solid matchups to close out the year, Martinez is a clear LB1 moving forward.
Good luck in your fantasy matchups this week, and may all tackles be in your favor!
Positive / Negative Home Stat Crews
Here is this week’s list of positive and negative matchups. We break down the top and bottom three matchups where home stat crews either hand out tackles and assists or are stingy with them. This metric is Tackles Per Opportunity or TPO and we can use these games to break ties for our lineups.
Note: the matchups are not favorable for fantasy owners this week. Think about getting some big-play defensive players in your lineups to make a difference.
Top 3 TPO Games at Home this week = Titans @ Giants, Lions @ Bills, Seahawks @ 49ers
Bottom 3 TPO Games at Home this week = Texans @ Jets, Raiders @ Bengals, Chargers @ Chiefs
Below are the full IDP rankings for Week 15 thanks to this widget from FantasyPros: