Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming match-ups and ranking each IDP position. Here are the ranks for Week 15 of the fantasy football season.
Week 15 Notes:
- If you are reading this, it probably means you’ve moved on in the next round of the fantasy playoffs. So I say congratulations and, again, good luck this week. We are going to focus on match-ups this week but remember, barring injury, stick with what got you here and make informed decisions on the one to two matchups that might be exploited.
- Let’s take a look at the positive scoring matchups based on tackles per opportunity (TPO). This week we have home games at the following stadiums, all which rank in the top 10 for TPO on the year: Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants, New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills, Tennessee Titans at San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys at Oakland Raiders.
- Jacksonville at Houston leads our best matchups for edge defenders. Get both Calais Campbell and Yannick Ngakoue in the line-up, they could be in for huge games. Ryan Kerrigan also has a great matchup this week against Arizona. Von Miller and Chandler Jones should be in your line-up this week too. Both are goign up against lines that are in the top 5 in scoring to edge defenders.
- Next, we can look at the bad matchups for edge players. Think twice about starting any Dallas Cowboys edge defenders. Derrick Carr likes to get rid of the ball quickly, masking a weak offensive line but that’s also why the Raiders are among the league leaders in sacks taken, in fact only giving up an average of 13.0 points to DEs. Same story in Minnesota. While it is a tough call benching Danielle Hunter and Everson Griffen, Cinncinati is a tough matchup for DEs. Don’t expect huge games from either. Other bad matchups include players going against New Orleans or anyone in the New England at Pittsburgh game.
- Joe Schobert had a quiet game last week but his matchup is fantastic this week. James Burgess is a sneaky start too, as Baltimore is surrendering more points to LB than any team in the league. Other positive LB matchups are IDPs going against Buffalo, Jacksonville, and Indianapolis.
- In the defensive backfield, Micah Hyde should be in for a huge game and Jordan Poyer a sneaky start. Buffalo leads the league in points allowed to S and each should be in line for big games. Budda Baker has a nice matchup too. I also expect good matchups for defensive backs on the following teams this week: Pittsburgh (try and find a way to get Sean Davis into your line-up), Jacksonville, and Dallas where Jeff Heath has come on strong lately.
- We have a handful of significant injuries, where the next man up could pay off huge dividends or the game time status could mean a huge hole in your line-up. Both Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright are questionable this week. Wagner tried to give it a go and left the game early, often the worst scenario for a fantasy owner. Look elsewhere if either is out. Landon Collins wa spotted in a walking boot after the game. Darian Thompson gets a bump up into starter status if he misses time. Zach Brown also is a game-time decision. The Cardinals matchup is an average one, so you might look elsewhere if Brown misses the game. Finally, Kenny Vacarro looks like he’s going to miss this week’s game. Vonn Bell is an immediate start this week if that’s the case. Despite being an average matchup, Bell had his best games of the year with Vacarro out and he could be in for a big game.
- Finally, please feel free to ask any line-up questions about your big games this weekend. You can reach me @dingwog on Twitter.
Below are the full IDP rankings for Week 15 thanks to this widget from FantasyPros: