Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 5
Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming match-ups and ranking each IDP position. Here are the ranks for Week 5 of the fantasy football season.
Week 5 Notes:
- This week is very slim in tackle per opportunity metrics. I am going to combine tackles and assist stat crews this week because of this. The following five teams rank at the top in TPO on the season. You want to be sure to start your IDP players when these teams play at home: New York Giants, Los Angeles Chargers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers.
- Hassan Reddick took a big dig to his snaps with Deone Bucannon back last week, with each splitting snaps. Keep an eye on this situation. Reddick is a drop if this continues.
- Ramon Humber broke his hand last week and he will be out this week. Humber has started the season strong and Buffalo LBs are weekly plays when at home. Matt Milano replaced him this week but usually, teams will stick the backup in during the weekly game and shuffle the deck during the off week. Keep an eye on snaps counts in Buffalo this week.
- Shaq Thomson is in, Thomas Davis is out. For the second straight week, Thompson played every snap, a role Thomas has enjoyed for years. I expect this trend to continue and Davis can be safely dropped now.
- Jaylon Smith is leading the Dallas Cowboys in tackles but he hasn’t played very well. He is near the top in tackles past the line of scrimmage, a metric no LD wants to lead. I think his future is bright but in re-draft he may lose his job to Anthony Hitchens, who is expected to play this weekend. In re-draft, it’s time to shop Smith to an owner who isn’t watching Cowboys games but looking at the stat sheet.
- Mike Mitchell should get the start in Pittsburgh this week and he produced a solid 8-1 tackle line last week.
- A few DBs to keep an eye on: Josh Jones in Green Bay, Derek Kindred in Cleveland and Miles Killebrew in Detroit. Each has gotten an increased opportunity over the past few weeks and each plays a majority of snaps within 8 yards of the Line of Scrimmage, an important metric we want to look for in a safety.
Below are the full IDP rankings for Week 5 thanks to this widget from FantasyPros: