Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming match-ups and ranking each IDP position. Here are the ranks for Week 7 of the fantasy football season.
Week 7 Notes:
- This should be a big week in IDP scoring, with eight of the top 10 home stat crews scoring home games this week. You’ll want to break ties in your line-ups if you have players in these games, and even scour the wire for potential matchup plays. These hosting teams are, in order of highest tackles per opportunity (TPO), New York Giants, Los Angeles Chargers, Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, Green Bay Packers, Oakland Raiders, Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Offensive Line match-ups to exploit include Los Angeles Chargers vs Denver Broncos, Chicago Bears vs Carolina, Seattle Seahawks at New York Giants and Los Angeles Rams vs Arizona Cardinals.
- Here are some of this week’s unfavorable pass-rushing matchups. These are OL who are not giving up sacks and may shut down your edge defenders: New Orleans Saints, Los Angeles Rams, Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys and Minnesota Vikings.
- I’d get BJ Goodson back in your line-up. After a couple of weeks of health and unusual snap counts, Goodson is back playing nearly 100% of the snaps in Week 6. He’s at home, where they hand out tackles like chiclets. He’s an easy LB2 starter until Casillas comes back.
- The LB situation in Oakland is about to get ugly. Cory James had been playing three downs until injury and now that NaVarro Bowman signed in Oakland, this is a situation to keep an eye on.
- Mychal Kendricks should play three down if Jordan Hicks can’t go this week. I’ve always liked Kendricks and he’s productive when on the field. Could be a nice waiver play this week if Hicks can’t go.
- Mason Foster was back in a full-time role this past week and that should continue. Washington is one of the positive stat crews which are so important in fantasy, and he looks like an LB3 start this week.
- Jarrad Davis also was back this week and settled into his productive role in the Lions defense. He’s a player, get him back in your line-ups.
- Sean Lee should be a safe play this week, after a bye week. I expect Jaylon Smith to head to a part-time role now that Lee and Hitchens are back.
- TJ Ward is back from injury in a full-time role. He sends Chris Conte to the bench and could produce on the awful Tampa Bay defense but Justin Evans might be the man to own in TB.
- Adrian Amos is balling right now in Chicago. After getting back in the line-up due to injury, he’s produced 8 stops in each of the past three weeks and added a pick 6 in Week 6.
- After starting slowly in Denver, Justin Simmons came out of the bye week on fire. He’s a guy I would pickup and see if his play continues moving forward.
Below are the full IDP rankings for Week 7 thanks to this widget from FantasyPros: