Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 8
Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming match-ups and ranking each IDP position. Here are the ranks for Week 8 of the fantasy football season.
Week 8 Notes:
- While last week was a huge boon for fantasy stat crews, this week is awfully slim. This week only three teams in the top ten of tackles issues by stat crew play at home. Those teams are the Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Offensive Line match-ups to exploit include Cincinnati vs Indianapolis, Pittsburgh Steelers vs Detroit Lions, Philadelphia vs San Francisco and Kansas City vs Denver.
- Here are some of this week’s unfavorable pass-rushing matchups. These are OL who are not giving up sacks and may shut down your edge defenders: New Orleans Saints, Dallas Cowboys, Minnesota Vikings and Los Angeles Chargers.
- The LB situation in Philly is worth keeping an eye one. Jordan Hicks is out for the year and Mychal Kendricks is always productive but never seems to have the Eagles trust. Najee Goode played 77% of the snaps last week, after spending the pre-season as an every down LB. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Goode the LB to own in Philly going forward.
- After a week where I suggested you get BJ Goodson back in your line-ups, he is likely to miss some games now. Keenan Robinson is a veteran who I expect to take those snaps, but unless the Giants are playing at home I would stay away from this situation.
- John Simon is likely to miss multiple weeks, safe to stay away from the Colts situation until then.
- I think you should get TJ Watt and Carlos Dunlap in your line-ups this week. Both have terrific match-ups and have been productive in those situations.
- I don’t know what is going on with Jatavis Brown in Los Angeles, but he’s now a part-time player. He’s not startable at the moment but was one of my fantasy sleepers coming into the year. He’s incredibly productive when on the field but is now playing 30% of snaps. I would hold him for one more week but he can be dropped for bye week help if this trend continues.
Below are the full IDP rankings for Week 8 thanks to this widget from FantasyPros: