Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each Position for Week 13
Photo by Michael Goulding/Zuma Press/Icon Sportswire
Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming matchups and ranking each position, as well as flex positions.
Week 13 Notes
- It’s another week of Lamar Jackson for the Ravens, and he’ll be going up against a very week Falcons defense, which means his upside is pretty big. That being said, he’s a risky play, as his throwing still needs work. His rushing should provide you a good floor, but there’s always a decent chance he throws an interception and gets under 200 passing yards.
- Austin Ekeler will be the starting running back for the Chargers with Melvin Gordon out, and even though the Steelers have been pretty stingy against the run this year, I think Ekeler’s volume should still give him low-end RB1/high-end RB2 upside.
- With Leonard Fournette suspended, who gets the majority of the work? T.J. Yeldon or Carlos Hyde? I’m banking on Yeldon, which is why I’ve got him ranked above Hyde, but I could see the two splitting the work fairly evenly, which limits both of their upsides to flex plays.
- While the Ravens’ secondary is great, Julio Jones has been playing excellently this year, and Jimmy Smith (whom he’ll likely see in coverage) hasn’t been playing as well as he has in the past. While I’m not as confident in Mohamed Sanu or Calvin Ridley this week, I think Julio will be just fine.
- I love JuJu Smith-Schuster and all, but Desmond King II has been playing lights out this season, and he’s likely going to be covering Smith-Schuster this week. I still think you should start JuJu, but I’m worried his upside will be a bit more limited this week than most.
- Obviously my rank of A.J. Green assumes he plays. If he does, I’m not sure he’ll be playing at 100%, and he’ll be playing with Jeff Driskel instead of Andy Dalton, so I’ve limited Green to more of a WR2 until we see him fully healthy.
- Vance McDonald has been hurt and missing practice, so he might not play this week. If he doesn’t, Jesse James still represents a decent TE2 if you need help.
- It’s looking less and less likely that Evan Engram will play, so I didn’t rank him. If you’re looking for a substitute, McDonald or James could be good (whoever is playing) as could Cameron Brate if he happens to still be available.
Check out the rest of the rankings below