Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming matchups and ranking each position, as well as flex positions.
Note: rankings will be updated throughout the week, so continue checking back here as the week goes on. Also, check out our defensive rankings article for explanations on those, and our Kickin’ It article for explanations on the kicker rankings.
Week 13 Notes:
- Devonta Freeman looks like he’s all set to play this week and according to reports, he should have no restraints, so feel comfortable slotting him into your lineup as usual. Unfortunately, he’s going against the Vikings’ tough defense, which prevents him from RB1 status, but he should be a solid RB2.
- My rankings assume that Doug Martin does not play and that Jacquizz Rodgers starts in his stead. Against the Packers, who have given up the ninth-most fantasy points to opposing running backs, Rodgers makes for a nice flex play this week, even with the Bucs’ awful offensive line play.
- Assuming JuJu Smith-Schuster plays this week, he should be a decent flex option even against what’s been a good Cincinnati Bengals secondary this year. If he doesn’t play however, slot Martavis Bryant in just a bit below him as a boom or bust flex option.
- I expect Jeremy Maclin to play mostly in the slot this Sunday, which means that Mike Wallace is more likely to get shadowed by Darius Slay than Maclin is. In that case, look for the Ravens’ passing game to run mostly through both Maclin and Danny Woodhead. And don’t bother starting Wallace.
- Yes, it’s the week that Josh Gordon finally returns to an NFL field. Hue Jackson has said that Gordon is starting without a doubt and said he’s not going to be on a pitch count. Against a good Chargers’ secondary, he’s a boom or bust play. The talent is undeniable, but this is the first time he’s played in an NFL game in years, we have no idea what he’ll look like.