Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each Position For Week 4
Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming matchups and ranking each position, as well as flex positions.
Note: rankings will be updated throughout the week, so continue checking back here as the week goes on.
Week 4 Notes:
- I know Marshawn Lynch is going against the Denver Broncos defense, but I still consider him an RB2 this week for two reasons: First, the guy is still a great running back and could still put up useful numbers, even against a great defense. And second, he’s a volume play. I don’t know that the Raiders will have much success passing the ball, and I think Lynch will get a good number of carries. Any other week, he might be closer to an RB1, but against Denver, he’s a borderline RB2.
- Even though the Bengals are playing the Browns, I just don’t really feel confident in Joe Mixon. I believe in his talent, but that backfield is just a mess, and while either Mixon, Jeremy Hill, or Giovani Bernard could easily have a big day against the Browns, I have no idea which one it’ll be.
- I’ve got Alex Collins ranked here whereas a lot of other people don’t. The Ravens have two very defined roles for running backs: the standard running back, and the pass-catching back. Javorius Allen has the latter locked down, and last week, Collins looked far more impressive than Terrance West did. I’m a believer in Collins’ talent, and I think the fact that he got more work than West is a testament to what the Ravens could be doing going forward. He’s no more than a deep flex play, but he’s an important name to keep an eye on.
- Willie Snead comes back this week and I don’t see any reason he shouldn’t slide right into that number two role with the Saints, especially given how entirely unimpressive Ted Ginn has been in his stead. Miami’s secondary is alright, but beatable, making him an intriguing flex play with upside.
- My ranking of Kelvin Benjamin is assuming that he plays fully healthy, which is not a total guarantee. If Benjamin is out, Devin Funchess gets a bit of a bump, and I think Chrisitan McCaffrey gets a bump too, as the Panthers are getting short on receiving options.
- I’m still an Austin Hooper believer and I think the Bills have a pretty bad front seven, which means that things could be nice for Hooper this week.