Photo by Tim Williams/Actionplus/Icon Sportswire
Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming matchups and ranking each position, as well as flex positions.
Week 9 Notes
- Some people have Ryan Fitzpatrick as a top 10 quarterback this week, I’m a bit hesitant to put him that high. Look, I’ll acknowledge that he could easily turn on the FitzMagic and have a great game, but he could just as easily throw four interceptions and get benched by the half. And considering the Panthers have only given up more than 20 fantasy points to an opposing quarterback once this year (Week 2 against Matt Ryan), I’m hesitant to rank Fitz as a surefire QB1.
- Personally, I’m not worried about Alex Collins‘ workload in the wake of the Ravens trading for Ty Montgomery. I think Montgomery will fill a kick-returning need and will serve as depth behind Collins and Javorius Allen, replacing Gus Edwards. Still though, I think Collins is right on the outskirts of being an RB2 this week. The Steelers’ secondary has been bad, but their run defense has been good (only the Ravens have been better), so I could see this being a more pass-heavy game.
- Cooper Kupp will likely be up against P.J. Williams this week, which should be a very favorable matchup for him, as Williams hasn’t played that well this year. I think he should make for a solid WR2.
- I’m ranking Allen Robinson obviously assuming he’s playing, which he may not. It’s likely going to be somewhat of a tricky matchup for him against Tre’Davious White, who will likely shadow him, but he should be a low-end WR2 if healthy.
- David Njoku will likely see Ron Parker in coverage this week, and I think that could actually prove to be a somewhat difficult matchup for him. Njoku is still a TE1, but not a top-five tight end.
Check out the rest of the rankings below: