Welcome to QB List’s weekly rankings! Each week, I’ll be taking a look at the upcoming match-ups and ranking each IDP position. Here are the ranks for Week 10 of the fantasy football season.
Week 9 Notes:
- This week we have a handful of positive home stat crew matchups. You should expect big scoring numbers from IDP players in these games. Break any ties you are considering if you have players going in these. games: New York Jets at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New Orleans Saints at Buffalo Bills, Houston Texans at Los Angeles Rams and New York Giants at San Francisco 49ers.
- Offensive Line match-ups to exploit include Pittsburgh Steelers at Indianapolis Colts, Dallas Cowboys at Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots at Denver Broncos.
- These teams continue to be tough match-ups for edge defenders, and I expect this to continue throughout the year. I can’t recommend sitting your top 15 edge defenders against these lines but expect little production. Look for fill-ins from the list above and do your best to avoid these offensive lines: New Orleans Saints, Dallas Cowboys, Minnesota Vikings, Pittsburgh Steelers and Los Angeles Rams.
- Dante Fowler may not play this week. Keep an eye on the situation but if he is out Yannick Ngakoue gets a bump and is a good start. Ngakoue has been up and down this season but his highs are top 10 weekly scoring numbers.
- Jonathan Cyprien was unproductive in his return this week but he played every snap. I think he’s safe to get back into your line-ups last week, and I expect him to return to form in the next two weeks,
- Keep an eye on Dion Jordan this week. He was a high draft pick because of his talent but he’s never seemed to put it together. Seattle is where you go to revive your career if you are a defensive lineman. He’s a guy to keep on waiver wire speed dial and could be a match-up play in the second half of the year.
- Ramon Humber was back and playing nearly full-time. I expect him to put up big numbers in home games in Buffalo.
- With John Simon out, Indianapolis will struggle to find a decent LB replacement. Keep an eye on the snap counts this week in the Colts game but I can’t recommend playing anyone until the situation is clearer or Simon returns.
- In Washington, Will Compton looks like a direct replacement with Mason Foster now on IR. The three down LB in Washington is always productive, especially at home, where the stat crew hands out tackles like candy.
- Von Bell could see a significant increase of snaps is Kenny Vaccaro is out this week. He is a great match-up play should that happen.
- Get Sean Davis into your line-ups this week. The Colts have been a favorable match-up this year and Davis continues his productive play.
- DeAngelo Hall is back. He a long-time IDP producer and was in the line-up for all snaps in his first game back in recent memory. He’s a big play stud and managed two passes defended last week. It’s not long before we see him on the highlight reel.
Below are the full IDP rankings for Week 10 thanks to this widget from FantasyPros:
Latest posts by Marc Salazar (see all)
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 16 - December 23, 2017
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 15 - December 14, 2017
- Weekly Rankings: Ranking Each IDP Position For Week 14 - December 7, 2017