- After a down week, I’m not budging on Lamar Jackson as my QB1. A matchup against the Chiefs should finally give him a reason to air it out, and his rushing ability is still unmatched. Patrick Mahomes bumps down to QB4 on the other side of this matchup, as the Ravens allowed the fourth-fewest passing yards per attempt last year and the third-fewest passing yards per attempt so far this year. But let’s be honest, you aren’t benching Mahomes even in this matchup, and QB4 is about as low as he will ever get.
- My favorite matchup of the weekend is with Dallas traveling to Seattle. Russell Wilson is playing out of his mind, nearly throwing more touchdowns than incompletions on the year (9 touchdowns, 11 incompletions). Seattle has been in two shootouts in two games against Atlanta and New England, and I don’t see it changing here, as Dallas has allowed the ninth-most passing yards per attempt this year. Wilson is my QB2 this week, while his counterpart, Dak Prescott, is my QB3. Seattle is allowing the third-most passing yards per attempt this year while ranking in the back half last year, and Prescott has as dangerous as an arsenal of receivers as he has ever had. It doesn’t hurt that he is a threat to run touchdowns in from close range.
- Cam Newton has blown away all expectations, functioning as the Patriots RB1 and goalline back, all while nearly throwing for 400 yards last week. There’s still a slight fear that New England grabs a lead and kills the clock while leaning on their defense, but Newton has massive upside and the Raiders have looked frisky enough to stay in this one until the end. He’s my QB6 this week.
- Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, and Deshaun Watson all provide value with their legs, separating them from their non-rushing counterparts most weeks. I still think Murray and the Cardinals have some work to do in order to get this offense fully functioning, but I am very encouraged by his willingness to scramble this year, and the Lions are an excellent matchup. Allen is transitioning to a passer so far this year and has been very impressive doing so, as his connection with Stefon Diggs looks locked in already. QB8 is high praise with these elite fantasy quarterbacks playing at a high level right now. Another tough matchup for Watson, but I’m hoping he can make a few plays with his legs to help satisfy owners during this tough stretch of opponents.
- If Carson Wentz can’t put up a nice week against this Bengals defense that resuscitated the Browns passing game, it is officially time to hit the panic button. The Bengals are allowing the seventh-most passing yards per attempt this year after allowing the most last year, and Joe Burrow is putting up enough of a fight on the other side to keep things from entering blowout territory.
- Garner Minshew II looks good and is spreading the ball around, and the Bills just lit up this Dolphins team last week. If you are looking for a streaming option, I like Minshew, as he is a really solid quarterback right now.
Green=Strong Starter, Yellow=Solid Starter, Red=Look for Better Options
Week 3 QB Rankings
|1||Lamar Jackson||BAL||vs KC||Mon 8:15pm ET|
|2||Russell Wilson||SEA||vs DAL||Sun 4:25pm ET|
|3||Dak Prescott||DAL||@ SEA||Sun 4:25pm ET|
|4||Patrick Mahomes II||KC||@ BAL||Mon 8:15pm ET|
|5||Cam Newton||NE||vs LV||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|6||Kyler Murray||ARI||vs DET||Sun 4:25pm ET|
|7||Josh Allen||BUF||vs LAR||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|8||Deshaun Watson||HOU||@ PIT||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|9||Aaron Rodgers||GB||@ NO||Sun 8:20pm ET|
|10||Matthew Stafford||DET||@ ARI||Sun 4:25pm ET|
|11||Matt Ryan||ATL||vs CHI||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|12||Ben Roethlisberger||PIT||vs HOU||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|13||Drew Brees||NO||vs GB||Sun 8:20pm ET|
|14||Tom Brady||TB||@ DEN||Sun 4:25pm ET|
|15||Carson Wentz||PHI||vs CIN||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|16||Gardner Minshew II||JAC||vs MIA||Thu 8:20pm ET|
|17||Ryan Tannehill||TEN||@ MIN||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|18||Philip Rivers||IND||vs NYJ||Sun 4:05pm ET|
|19||Jared Goff||LAR||@ BUF||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|20||Joe Burrow||CIN||@ PHI||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|21||Daniel Jones||NYG||vs SF||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|22||Teddy Bridgewater||CAR||@ LAC||Sun 4:05pm ET|
|23||Mitchell Trubisky||CHI||@ ATL||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|24||Justin Herbert||LAC||vs CAR||Sun 4:05pm ET|
|25||Baker Mayfield||CLE||vs WAS||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|26||Ryan Fitzpatrick||MIA||@ JAC||Thu 8:20pm ET|
|27||Kirk Cousins||MIN||vs TEN||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|28||Sam Darnold||NYJ||@ IND||Sun 4:05pm ET|
|29||Derek Carr||LV||@ NE||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|30||Nick Mullens||SF||@ NYG||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|31||Dwayne Haskins||WAS||@ CLE||Sun 1:00pm ET|
|32||Jeff Driskel||DEN||vs TB||Sun 4:25pm ET|