Football is back! While most starters either sat out completely or only played 1-2 drives, there was enough good football over the weekend to keep us entertained. In fact, even in limited time the starters often popped off. D.J. Moore‘s 63 yard catch and run! George Pickens rumbling and stumbling to the end zone! Jerry Jeudy jukeing a safety out of his shoes! These are a few of my favorite things.
We also got to see some great play out of some notable (and not so notable) rookies.
- Aiden O’Connell looked the part of a starting QB for Las Vegas
- Tank Dell scoring one of, if not the, most acrobatic touchdown catches of the entire season
- Puka Nacua living up to the hype
- Josh Downs showing he can absolutely earn the starting slot receiver job out of camp
- Malik Cunningham putting on a show in the fourth quarter
- Sean Clifford (who?) looking adept and in charge
There were also some bad performances (C.J. Stroud), and some notably down performances (has anyone found Greg Dulcich yet?). Be sure to read through the links to catch up on everything you missed from the opening weekend of the 2023 preseason!
Are you interested in writing Fantasy Football content? QB List is hiring! We’re specifically looking for writers to join the What We Saw team, but also other areas of the site such as Sit/Start. Positions are part-time and paid. If you like our work and are interested in applying, please click the link above. We’d love to have you on our team!
**Programming note – With Monday Night Football on the horizon for next week, WWS will be posting on Tuesday, August 22nd
Photo by Cliff Welch/Icon Sportswire | Adapted by Justin Paradis